Underground MINING ENGINEER – JOB POSTING
(Full-time, based in Canada)
ABOUT OUTLIERS MINING SOLUTIONS
Outliers Mining Solutions is offering an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading provider of mining-specific consulting services that increase productivity and reduce costs at our client’s operations around the globe. Our service offerings include:
- Comprehensive Assessments
- Value Added Dispatch program
- Performance Management programs
- Asset Management programs
- Mine Supervisor Coaching services
- Lean & Six Sigma training programs
Our expertise in mine technology and technical services, combined with our extensive operational experience, makes Outliers Mining Solutions a premier provider of consulting services to the mining industry.
You will be part of a small, specialized team that will work to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions to close the performance gaps at our client’s sites. Our team of mining and technology subject matter experts and continuous improvement practitioners provide solutions and execute improvement programs that realize a sustainable, step-change increase in performance. Our mission is to turn mines into world-class operations.
Under the direction of the Project Lead, the Underground Mining Consultant will be a technical resource on best practices for underground mining and assist in the implementation of new processes and associated change management activities. Additionally, with support from the Executive Leadership Team, the successful candidate will help to build and develop Outliers Mining Solutions’ suite of underground mining service offerings, including mine planning, technology strategy and performance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In fulfilling the above purpose, your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Adhere to OMS Vision and Values
- Promote for OMS Fundamentals
- Dedicate 10% of work time towards business development
- Conduct analysis of underground operations for improvement opportunities of mine operations;
- Create short interval controls, operator scorecards and other reports and dashboards as required
- Coaching of client personnel on the effective use of the performance management tools
- Implement visual management process;
- Provide improvements to underground mine planning process, including:
- Reconciliation of planned to actuals
- Development of inputs and templates into the mine planning process
- Lead improvement projects for mining processes
- Identify opportunities to improve OMS tools and service offerings
- Attend and present at conferences to promote the OMS brand and service offerings
- Account for time and expenses monthly
- Compliance to all OMS standards and policies
- Participate in OMS marketing efforts through blog posts and networking
- Lead and support internal OMS initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess knowledge of underground mine planning processes, underground mine operations and business planning.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Desirable skills include Minitab, Tableau and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in multiple underground mining techniques
- Proficiency in underground mine planning software packages is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence
- Ability to work with groups of people across multiple departments and communicate known concepts
- Comfortable presenting and facilitating groups
- Proficiency in multiple languages is an asset
- To be considered for this role, the candidate will require a Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience, 5 of which should be in underground mining operations. In Lieu of a 4-year degree, Outliers Mining Solutions will consider a combination of experience and education for those applying for the role. Previous work in leadership roles in Mine Operations is highly desirable as part of overall professional experience.
- Travel to client sites required (approx. 40%). Work environments can include arctic, desert, high altitude and tropical climates, including mining camp accommodation.
- When not at client sites, work from home is required.